July 2023 - Kalbarri Photo Tours & Workshops
- Regular price
- $75.00 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $75.00 USD
- Unit price
KALBARRI PHOTO TOURS & WORKSHOPS
Improve your photography skills while on location in spectacular Kalbarri. Explore and capture some of Western Australia’s most breathtaking landscapes with one of Australia’s most experienced commercial photographer and landscape shooters – Martial Fatton.
GREAT WEATHER, UNIQUE RIVER, COASTAL AND INLAND GORGE LANDSCAPES, KALBARRI IS A PHOTOGRAPHER'S HEAVEN ALL YEAR ROUND.
KALBARRI PHOTO TOURS (DAY TOUR & NIGHT TOUR)
Kalbarri’s majestic coastline boast crystal water, reefs and beaches to explore as well as some awesome surf breaks. Dolphins and whales can be spotted from the shore while the inland river gorges offer the chance to completely immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. Awe-inspiring 420 million years old rock formations make up the secluded landscape here, which is absolutely breathtaking, while offering an abundance of native wildlife. The vast sand plains surrounding Kalbarri bust to life late winter early spring with over thousands species of wildflowers, which you can find throughout the National Park in season.
Tour Highlight and Inclusions
During each of the sessions we will explain in simple words how to master your camera settings, go through lens selection and focal for landscape, nature photography, etc. We will also explore the world of image composition, exposure and how to read your histogram before making our way to a selection of locations and put in practice what we just covered. Martial has been working in this part of the world as a professional landscape photographer for over 30 years, and as a mentor, a professional commercial photographer for over 35 years as well as running workshops in partnership with Nikon-Swiss. He will be there to assist you with all your photography questions. No gimmicks, no upsells, just sound photography advice!
Experience 5 unique itineraries along Australia’s Coral Coast specially designed for photographers. These small-group photography tours and workshops have been carefully put together, allowing you to experience a diversity of breathtaking Australian landscape, rugged coastline and over 420 million years old River Gorges. We guarantee a wealth of photography opportunities, including small group tuition, practical notes and one-to-one support tailored to your individual needs while on-location learning the importance of image composition, available light and night photography techniques.
- A selection of 6 tours & workshops to choose from
- All jam packed with an abundance of photography opportunities
- A water bottle, light refreshment and practical notes
- Complimentary pick-up at accommodation (available on request)
- Comfortable air conditioned 4WD/ Bus (incl. 2 water bottle pp p/day & snacks)
- National Park Fees & all entrance fees to exhibits & locations that we visit
- A varieties of wildflowers (seasonal)
- Astrophotography, landscape, nature & macro photography tips
- An array of iconic National Parks landscapes with plenty of photography time
- Short accessible walks to explore some of the best photo locations on tour
- Dawn to dusk photo tour selection
- Island Rock, Red Bluff, Nature Window, Z-Bend… (Varies between itineraries)
- As it is our own personalised photo tour, we can stop when and where we want!
- Professional photography advise
- Fully escorted tour in English or French
- Photography group of 2 – 6 participants maximum
- Advice and trouble shooting tips
Dates: Seasonal and Flexible with dates
- April 2023, 2024
- July 2023, 2024
- September 2023, 2024
- October 2023, 2024
- Cost: $95.00 to $179.00 pp
Non Photographer companion welcome
Take 5% off of the total costs of any tours when you sign up for 2 participants or more tours* (*conditions apply, not valid with any other offers, applicable only for direct online bookings)
Escape the busy tracks and experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn how to shoot dramatic scenery from sunrise to sunset, and capture some of Australia Coral Coast most breathtaking landscape. These Kalbarri photo tours are offered as stand-alone tours with option to add other tours & workshops down in Perth. It is a perfect tour to include a non-photographer companion.
- Opt 1 – Kalbarri Coastal Cliffs and Sunrise Photo Tour $110.00 pp
- Opt 2 – Kalbarri Coastal Cliffs and Sunset Photo Tour $110.00 pp
- Opt 3 – Kalbarri National Park and Nature Photo Tour $148.00 pp
- Opt 4 – Kalbarri Sunset & Blue Light Photo Workshop $167.00 pp
- Opt 5 – Kalbarri NP After Dark Astro Photo Workshop $179.00 pp
- Opt 6 – Kalbarri Private & Group Photo Coffee Session $95.00 pp
Full payment at booking is required to secure your spot.
What Is Included?
A unique selection of itineraries around Kalbarri specially designed for photographers
- 2 – 5 hours tutorial specific to each tour
- A bottle of water and refreshments
- Short walks to all photo locations (except for NP Gorges lower river bed access Cat.4-5)
- Best locations in the world
- Comfortable air conditioned 4WD/ Bus
- All entrance fees to exhibits, national parks & locations that we visit for photography
- Martial’s expertise in guiding and photography instruction
The Advantages of A Workshop
- Experience a high value photography session
- Understand your camera settings and lens selection
- Tutorial specific to each Workshops & Tours
- Build your confidence and skill level
- We’ll endeavour to answer all your photography questions
- Compose and capture amazing images with your own camera
- Small group tuition, One-to-One time with a professional photographer
- Our Guides are active Commercial & Landscape Pro Photographer
Level of physical difficulty: 2 of 5 depending on tour selection
These 6 Kalbarri Tours & Workshops starts in Kalbarri and finishes in Kalbarri, refer to our 4-5 DAY KALBARRI PHOTO TOUR OPTION FOR DEPARTURE EX-PERTH. It is suitable for beginners and experienced photographers of all ages. A moderate level of fitness is required (some walking).
Nature, Wildlife, Landscape, Astro, Wildflowers in season (each specific to the tour selected)
In addition to great daylight photo opportunities or night excursions, we will also touch on the following photography topics, including:
- Dare to go manual Vs Auto camera settings, when to change
- Working with available light [read & understand the light]
- What lenses should I use
- Understanding your DSLR camera
- Camera settings for macro
- Camera settings for landscape photography
- Camera settings for nature photography
- Camera settings for astrophotography
- Image composition, the golden rules and how to break it!
- How to read your histogram and how to fine-tune-it?
- Depth of Field calculation, be in control
- Camera settings to take the perfect shot every time
- Adjust your image exposure in relation to your subject
- Capturing raw
Personal Items & Weather Conditions
Temperature can range from: 8-24C in winter to 25-45C in the peak of summer
Average monthly rain for this time of year: 1day/ Jan-Feb- Mar and 8day/ Jun-Jul-Aug
Be organized and pack smart. Sturdy shoes, hat and sunscreen are essential. We will email you a more detailed and updated recommendation list on what to bring with your booking confirmation depending on the time of the years and weather conditions. I recommend packing a basic easy to grab jacket or lightweight rain coat, etc. in a smaller backpack or in your camera bag in case the weather changes suddenly.
Light weight rain jacket and rain pants. You don’t have to go all out here, but it will also help you to keep warm at night. * I really suggest a rain jacket if nothing else, the rain gear will keep you dry when walking in the parks. I have a pair of Teflon rain pants & jacket, super light and perfect to keep in you camera bag in case of a sudden change in the weather.
A warm jacket, long trousers and a jumper or light jacket during the winter month is a must. It can get really cold late afternoon with the seabreeze all year round.
Hat and sunscreen protection, water bottle is a must in Kalbarri.
Your favourite DSLR camera, a multi focal lens (i.e 18-70mm) or fix lens, the wider the angle the better, and a medium to long-range lens (i.e. 80-300mm), plenty of memory cards and fully charged batteries. A small steady tripod & cable release for long exposure is essential. Don’t forget to bring your camera manual if you are not 100% sure about your camera functions. Please note that for better results a recent DSLR digital camera is preferable (0-5yrs old) as technology changes. Polarizer filter, Neutral Density and grabs filters are not a prerequisite but are great tools to have for long exposure and colour saturation.
These tours and workshops are suitable for beginners and advanced photographers of all ages, however a good sense of humour and minimum fitness is recommended. Sturdy shoes, suitable warm cloths, drink bottle and a good camera bag!
Cancellations, Refunds, Guides & Weather Policy
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation Policy: A 25 – 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your seat depending on the tour that you have selected - refer to individual itinerary. Seats to be paid in full at the time of booking or within 4 weeks of departure on all Australian tours except all extended tours; 8 weeks for Karijini, Exmouth to Broome, Golden Outback & Southwest WA, Margaret River, Kalbarri Coral Coast 5-Day and Wave Rock, and 12 weeks on all extended European & USA tours including: Paris, Zermatt, Venice, Tuscany, Italian Dolomites, Swiss & French Alps tour and USA Canyons & National Parks. Cancellations less than 30 days on day tours no refund; 12 weeks for all extended tours, including: Karijini, Exmouth to Broome, Golden Outback & Southwest WA, Margaret River, Kalbarri Coral Coast 5-Day and Wave Rock, it also includes all our international tours & workshops: Paris, Zermatt, Venice, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Italian Dolomites, Swiss & French Alps tour and all the North American tours. Deposits non refundable except tours cancelled due to sever weather, mechanical failure or minimum numbers not met; full refund will be given. Minimum and maximum numbers are at the discretion of the operator. Tours already commenced no refund. No refund for tours missed due to lateness & sickness. Travel insurance and public liability (in the even you accidentally damage someone else property) are mandatory on all our extended tours and highly recommended on day tours as well. Check-in 15 minutes prior to departure. Maximum 1 baggage* per person i.e. Camera bag water bottle jumper (Extra luggage* allowance on all extended tours (1 pp – personal effects) NOTE: We cannot guarantee that you will see kangaroos emus or any wild animals on our tours nor wildflowers as they are seasonal. For MasterClass workshops extended tours and international travel policy please check our website or individual tours.
Our tours leader is Martial Fatton – Blue Tongue Tours Owner/ Operator, however we reserve the right to provide a photographer of our choosing, which we guarantee is competent of their position. Your assigned photographer might change from initial notification until the tour departure due to illness, engagements or any other reason deemed necessary by Blue Tongue Tours, not limited to the photographers listed on this site. While we do our best to match you with a photographer of your choosing if requested, for these reasons we cannot guarantee a specific photographer for an individual tour.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, before the tour commences, you have the option of a) continuing the tour as planned and we’ll do our best to concentrate the tour to areas sheltered from the elements. At prior request, we can provide an umbrella. Or b) rescheduling the tour at no additional cost (availability permitting).
Itineraries are subject to change depending on weather and other circonstances beyond our control. Changes in the itinerary are always made to provide the best possible experience and safety of our clients!